Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Evils of Consumer Debt

From an article on MSN Money:

Banks have declared war -- on you

Changes are coming fast to the credit card world, and you can expect your bank to raise rates, slash credit limits, add fees and cut rewards. Consumers, brace yourselves.

Continued here ...

It has always bothered me how much power banks have over consumers. I support free market capitalism, but banks just get almost megalomaniacal about it. So, if banks are going to be snippy, then so will I: I'll cancel my cards, pay it off ASAP (yes, I know, it would have been better to not use credit cards to begin with, but we've all got to have our stupid mistakes), and go to a credit union, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. After they lose all their customers and have no bailout, then we'll see who's boss.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I love not having credit card debt. I know the president says I should because the heart of our economy is consumer debt but that's just silly. I. Know. Better.

Richard A. Smith said...

I guess that's proof that the president is either a dunce, or just plain evil. Or both.

Probably both.

Angela said...

I'm come to that conclusion many times over the last few months. Most recently with the Auto Industry. He's either really really stupid or really really evil.