Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Hate Rap

I've concluded that Rap music (and I use that term loosely) is an expressive form that consists of a simple beat to chanted, mediocre poetry that is a series of catch phrases designed to shock the listener, and with little unity or edifying content. It's main purpose is protest, disturbance and hedonism. There is nothing in it that inspires the listener toward personal improvement, fulfilling relationships, or the overall betterment of society. It praises and promotes violence, illicit sex, civil disobedience and rebellion. That's the way I see it.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Well, duh. ;) What brought that on?

Richard A. Smith said...

LOL. One of my students wanted me to listen to a new little ditty by Eminem. Frankly, I found it disgusting. I've never really liked rap, but, after listening to that one, I realized why and thought I'd record my feelings for posterity.