Friday, January 23, 2009

The "End" of the War On Terror

An analysis on msnbc.com by a Washington Post columnist indicates that Obama's recent executive orders mark the end of the War on Terror. While this may be so, it is a foolish thing to do, because the terrorists are not going to drop their war on America just because we've decided to hang up our weapons. I don't understand why people can't understand that there are a LOT of people out there who really want us dead, and if we let down our guard, we will be hit. Therefore, I predict a major terror attack on U.S. soil within the next 3 years.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I wonder if/how the public perception of Obama will change if we are attacked again. That is the one thing that President Bush did that no one can argue. We were not attacked again.
Will that change?

Richard A. Smith said...

The problem here is that the same people who have fallen for Obama's oratory talent are also the ones who would be blind to his national security failures if we are attacked again--they are so taken by his charm and persona that they ignore reality. The short answer: No.

Unknown said...

Richard, I think your 3 year window is too large, I'm predicting less than 2 years, very possibly even the 1st year of new administration. If this happens, it will clear... The 9/11 attacks came less than 8 months into the Bush presidency. He fought back as hard as he knew how for the next 7 1/2 years. Obama is unraveling that work as fast as he can, so I guess we just send around a poll to see how long it takes. Martin

Richard A. Smith said...

Martin, I agree, I said 3 years just for good measure, I, too, think that it will be closer to 1 year.