Saturday, September 29, 2007

In the beginning...

A few years ago, when the whole "blog thing" emerged, I scoffed at it and wondered why in the world people would want to blab their stuff all over a web page--essentially spewing brain vomit on the internet, and why they couldn't just do it with a personal web site. Well, now here I am with my own.

So, what's the diff? What's changed? Nothing. It's still brain vomit, but it's MY brain vomit! ;) It's better than a web page because it's easier to create and update, and it's easy for other people to find, so they can partake of my brain vomit (I know, eeewww! The metaphor has lost its attraction, scrap it!)

What's the point of a blog? Some people are natural writers. Some people have a need to comment on life, the universe and everything. Everyone has a need to be heard. A blog is the easiest and most painless way to publish your "stuff" (see the above worn-out metaphor), and to express oneself to the world without having to get an editor/publisher/bookseller's approval.

So, here is where I'll go when I have something to say, something to gripe about, something to take a stand about, when I have cause to pause and speak my mind. Long live the blog!

Notice: the opinions expressed here are my exercise of my First Amendment rights and, as such, are protected under the Constitution of the United States of America.

No comments: